Thursday, April 2, 2009

A very "buggy" night

So if you may not know this already, I HATE bugs!! Especially the ones that are big and fly. But last night I was just sitting on my bed reading Eclipse, when I saw a HUGE flying bug around by my fan! This thing was creeping me out. I immediately hid under my covers and then I saw his shadow on top of my covers. He was practically crawling on me!



I called Brandon into the room and was screaming. I thankfully was able to get myself to run out of the room but I had trouble rescuing my book as well. :( Brandon and I were freaking out, scared of the flying bug.(what kind of bug was it?) Anyways Brandon got out the hairspray and tongs and was ready for battle. He walked into the room ready to spray the hairspray hoping that it would kill the bug. He sprayed it but all it did was fly away! Then it landed in side my covers! I was screaming in terror, yelling "get the bug! Don't let him touch the book!"

Thankfully Brandon squished him with the tongs and carried him out into the kitchen. He cut the body off (don't throw up please) and then even though it had no body it started flying in the kitchen! WOW it was scary so I got the fly swatter out and whacked him a ton of times! Finally he died and Brandon threw it in the trash can. I had to clean up the guts though. ewww! SO I slept on the couch last night and thankfully was able to rescue the book once the bug was gone and I stayed up til' 12:31 reading, forgetting all about the bug. :) Hope there's no more tonight!(knock on wood)




3 comments:

Mark and Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

sorry about that first "comment deleted" thing. i just realized i posted my comment using my mom and dads name. =) All i was going to say was that the bug looked pretty scary! hope your having a fun spring break! Dont let the bed bug bite!

Anonymous said...

Your story reminds me of when I went to a conference in Hawaii and was sharing a room with my friend. There was a HUGE flying bug (cockroach?)that flew onto my bed while I was reading so I covered my head as it crawled on the bed post a few inches from my head. My roomate was screaming and telling me every move the bug was making..."it's getting closer!!!" I just kept yelling "Get the bug! Get the bug!" She called the frontdesk and had them send up a man to get the bug. He came in while I was under the covers (I was in my pajamas). He was afraid too, but finally got it and said "it's OK, I got it" but I wouldn't let him leave until he showed me the dead bug...it was soooo scary!