On Saturday I went with my school to a beach clean up at the Buccaneer Beach. It was fun but there wasn't a lot of trash, so we thought. :)
We had to make a group and then with our group walk around the beach and find any trash we could. Then we had to put the trash in our bag. Which ever group got the heaviest bag of trash won tickets to Sea World!
My group was Emily, Dylan, Mikaela, and of course, ME! We didn't find a lot of trash but we had fun climbing all the rocks to look for trash. I was freaking out though because the water was very high tide and every time it came close to me I screamed (well it was more like a squeal) and then jumped to the highest elevated rock I could get on at the moment. They all laughed at me but hey, I was not about to get wet!
As we were walking we ran into some of our other friends. They were in a group together and then they sorta combined in with us. Joe and Eric decided they wanted to well, be boys and mess around. They were trying very hard to get each other into the water and I think Joe got Eric in one time. Eric wanted revenge just like anyone would but in the process of pushing Joe in the water he flicked sand in Joe's eyes. That had to have hurt. He said he was ok though.
After we weighed in our bag of trash back at the nearby park. (our bag was so light the scale wouldn't read it so they estimated 1 pound) :) Everyone started playing around. First this was a game of basketball but it somehow turned into soccer, then back into basketball once more. After that we ate lunch and then played some more. This time we played volleyball and football with our PE teacher who was there, Mrs. Wright. She is super cool and not to mention very pretty. She is our substitute for the rest of the year since our regular teacher, Mrs. Kenny is out on maternity leave. Any way, we didn't win the Sea World tickets but then again we weren't really planning on it. The winner collected 50 pounds of trash! I felt sorta ashamed but oh well we still helped. This was a fun experience and was a good way to not only help the environment but earn those community service hours that I needed. Hope you have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment