Monday, June 28, 2010

Threadfull Thursday!

On Thursdays, as mentioned before, Aunt Julie teaches Masyn and I how to quilt. Last Thursday we started the picnic quilt which is a super fun and easy pattern! At first I was a little intimidated, you see I have never in my life used a quilting machine before let alone use it to make a quilt! But none the less once I started I didn't want to stop!
I worked very hard to make sure I kept my 1/4" seam and I even became better with the iron during the process.
Nolan was a help by always saying "cute kenzie!".
And Aunt Julie even let me have this super cute pin cushion she made! It is adorable!
Here's some more pictures from our day...
All in a couple quiet hours, thanks to Evyn, I got the whole top of my quilt done! Now all that's left to do is finish up the back (stipple & bind, i think) and the wha-la! My very first quilt will be done, I sure think it will be a success!

No comments: