Monday, July 20, 2009

Desert for Grandpa's B-Day...

Well again this weekend we went to Borrego. This time it was for Grandpa's birthday weekend. I will admit it was HOT! The hottest was 115 degrees and the lowest was 90 at night. We spent most of our time inside and at the neighbor, Jim's pool. Here we are sitting on the deck. In the morning the temperature wasn't that bad so that's when we spent it outside.

One of the best things about this weekend was that we were visited by many wildlife animals! We saw...

squirls...

jack rabbits...


Quail...

and chipmunks.
(we did see road runners too but I forgot ti include the picture.)


On Saturday we decided to play Monopoly. Grandpa, Dad, Brandon, and I all stuck it out 4 hours trying to finish the game! Brandon was out first, then Dad, and just like the time we played before it was down to the final 2.
Grandpa and me!
And again Grandpa won!!
(by allot)


After Monopoly we went to the pool. It felt refreshing! Although it was 90 in the pool it felt great!


In this picture above Brandon and I are sneaking up on Dad who was on his deflated raft. (It got deflated because Brandon dropped it on the road! :)



Here I am putting the candles on Grandpa's Atkins friendly birthday desert.

The desert!

Grandpa and me.

Grandpa opening my card and present that I made. After desert and presents we watched a movie. The movie is now one of my absolute favorites! It was amazing and defiantly a tear dropper. If you have not seen, August Rush watch it!! During the movie we went outside for a quick break because dad wanted us to come look out side. The sky was weird. It was dark and foggy and well not normal. We had never seen anything like it before but it was very cool.



Overall my weekend was great! How was yours?



2 comments:

Sarah said...

OH MY GOSH! i LOVE the movie August Rush! it is super awesome! i cried the first time i saw it! =]

Grandma Cathy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Enjoyed the pics of the desert.
Love Grandma Cathy