Friday, November 20, 2009

Knott's Berry Farm!

Ok, so I know I am very behind on the whole blogging thing but I'm back and I'm blogging! So last weekend it was Emily's birthday weekend and for her birthday she wanted to take Sarah and I to Knotts Berry Farm! It was sooo much fun! Here Emily is eating her funnel cake.

Sarah, Emily, and me in line for the log ride.

The log ride! The people said I wasn't supposed to take a picture of this but I did anyways.


Here is Me, Emily, and Sarah on the Dragon Swing Ride. This ride is really fun because on the outside it looks like it would just be a little kiddie ride but it's actually not! It goes super high and is really fun to ride on.


Emily in line for the Sombrero Ride.

For some really odd reason Emily and Sarah wanted to go on the raging rapids ride really bad and I however didn't, I was not very excited about getting drenched. It turned out though that I liked it the most and was even considering going on again even though I was one of the ones who got the wettest!

Random pictures...



We found this booth full of sunglasses and thought it was really neat how we could all wear the same glasses in a different color. Even Emily's brother, Joe got in on the fun.

Another thing that Emily really wanted was to get her own hotel room. So basically what would happen is that we would all go to Knott's Berry Farm for as long as we wanted then we would have the rest of the night to ourselves in our very own hotel room! (that had a door leading to Emily's parents) The hotel room was very oddly decorated. Everything matched but in separate pairs. For example the wallpaper, pictures, and floor matched but where different from the matching furniture.

Emily wanted her hotel room to have a good view of the park. By park she meant Knott's Berry Farm. However I think she meant the parking lot because that's exactly what she got. The hotel was super cool. It was the first time I have ever been in a hotel therefore it was an amazing experience. Did you know they have hair blow driers built into the wall? (and they really work too) We were on floor 7 room 728 and sometimes we would have races! Whenever we needed to be downstairs or upstairs it would be Joe and me versus Emily and Sarah. Emily and Sarah took the elevator, Joe and me took the stairs! And let me just tell you climbing seven flights of stairs running to beat the other team is a very good workout! One of the times though it was just Sarah, Emily, and me in the elevator and we were going to the gift shop in the lobby. While we were going down the elevator stopped and some people wanted in. So we asked them if this was the lobby and they said yes, so we got out. Only to hear them laughing as the elevator went down. Sure enough, it wasn't the lobby. Instead it was the fourth floor! Those mean people. Then later on when we were actually in the lobby we walked past them , and you could hear them whisper to one another, "look it's them!" Although it was pretty rude of them, it was pretty funny.


Another first for me was getting to take pictures in a photo booth. It was really interesting and fun, yet very squishy in that little area with three people. Here is a close up of my favorite picture we took in there. Just us acting crazy!


When it was getting darker outside we decided to stick out the wait for one of the funnest rides, Ghost Rider! It was such a long wait which is why we were putting it off on the first place but I think it was worth it. The wait ended up being around an hour or so I would say, but we found ways to pass the time. I think the people in front of us must have really hated our singing.. "and the green grass grows all around all around and the green grass grows all around." If you've never heard that song before be thankful because its really addicting and people tend to think its annoying. But hey we have to pass the time some way or another.


Here's Emily pretending to be a "gangsta" as she would call herself. However I don't think a "gangsta" would be wearing an "I love OZ" shirt.

And there we are on Ghost Rider, which was really scary this dark out. If you couldn't tell based on the emotions of our faces, especially mine.


The Park was so much fun and so was the hotel room. We made a lot of fun memories together that I don't think I could ever forget. Oh and one more thing, I don't have the pictures to prove it but I went on the Supreme Scream! I almost peed my pants though. It was scary it takes you 250 feet in the air and then just drops you!


On the ride home we got pringles and were making some funny duck faces.
In conclusion, we all had a great time and I am so thankful that I got to go and spend time with everyone.
P.S. Brandon's Birthday is in 7 days!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That was so much fun!!!!! I had a great time hanging out with you guys again, and i hope we can do something again soon! =)

"And the green grass grows all around all around, and the green grass grows all around..."
=)